Re: XYwrite on OS2 now in OEM

Ken Frank would also make his investors happy. What OS/2 has
lacked all along is a broad range of decent software, and that is
what has kept people (including me) away from it. Unless your
ideal is sludgeware like Ami Pro, you are out of luck. Even
WordPerfect isn't competing. There is a big gap for XY to fill,
and more and more people will be looking as OS/2's imitator,
Win95, keeps receding into the future. A lot of people, again
including myself, don't want to wait another year for a 32-bit
program IF we can get the kind of software we want. But we
aren't going to buy it just to use as a shell. XYDOS now loads
for me in 7 seconds, and I am not willing to twiddle my thumbs
for several times that for the same result. This is a very good
time, no doubt the critical time, to take the possibilities of
OS/2 seriously and come out ahead of the competition.

-- Nathan Sivin
History and Sociology of Science
University of Pennsylvania
Philadelphia PA 19104-3325