From: Carl Distefano
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2015 2:04 PM
Subject: Re: new computer XY-DOS

Reply to note from J R FOX mailto:jr_fox@xxxxxxxx Mon, 26 Jan 2015
20:22:18 -0800

> Sorry Carl, but I have to challenge that claim.

But, Jordan, the evidence you adduce doesn't support the challenge!
The litany of error messages you cite has nothing to do with vDosXy;
they indicate that Editor can't find the directories and files that
it's looking for. It's a Xy setup error, not a flaw in vDosXy.

Try this. In AUTOEXEC.TXT, rem out or delete the drive assignments
you have now and substitute:

USE C: C:\

If your XyWrite setup is located on a drive other than C:, swap in
that drive too. For example, if your Xy setup is in F:\XY, do:

USE C: C:\
USE F: F:\

If XyWrite looks for document/data files on yet another drive, say
G:, add that drive as well:

USE C: C:\
USE F: F:\
USE G: G:\

Edit subsequent drive references in AUTOEXEC.TXT accordingly. For
example,

X:
cd \Xy-4017

would become

C:
cd \Xy-4017

or whatever the appropriate drive letter is.

Revert to all of your original XyWrite customization files:
SETTINGS.DFL, STARTUP.INT, .KBD, the lot. Now see what happens.

If you set up the directory tree in vDosXy to mirror the directory
tree in the host Windows system, that should obviate all of the "File
not found", "Path not found" errors you've been getting in XyWrite.

--
Carl Distefano
mailto:cld@xxxxxxxx