Re: Hardware ID (was Completely Off-Topic)

** Reply to message from "Patricia M. Godfrey"  on Thu, 28
Sep 2006 18:47:12 -0400

> Now maybe they are simply
> people with slow vision or they don't look at their
> keyboards or something like that. But wouldn't it be
> nice to KNOW for certain sure?

The problem varies in intensity. But it is always there. I can barely see it
on my machines, but... it's there, for certain sure. We've known this for four
years.

> And if you find apologies soporific, don't read them.

I haven't been reading any of this stuff.

> But SOME of us were brought up to have manners.

Well, excuse me! But OT discussions are against maillist rules, speaking of
manners. Specifically, the rule is: "You are welcome to contact the list
about any topic connected with XyWrite and its uses." We all know this. I've
no desire to be a hardhead, I'm trying to be nice about it, and even if I had
any power to do anything about it (which I don't), I would never exercise it;
but it seems to me that for the last while there has been an unrelenting flow
of OT stuff, and it is super boring and soporific, yes. If you think that
Astra and Tbird have something to do with XyWrite, then make your case; but
I'll bet most subscribers would not agree. We subscribed to discuss XyWrite.
Now you're imposing boot loaders and pendrives and card readers -- what next?
It's not common courtesy to barrel ahead with this stuff, IMHO.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx