Codepages, keyboards, OS/2 & NB

More on codepages, keyboards, OS/2 and NotaBene:

Following Dorothy's suggestion that I look at swapping codepages
to solve the problem of "xywrite.kbd" inserting upper ascii
characters instead of quotation marks, I turned to the OS/2
command reference and discovered that codepage 1004 is meant for
Windows Latin-1 characters. OS/2 allows switching on the fly
between any two loaded, alternate codepages.

I then changed the codepage line in config.sys from:
codepage 850,437
codepage 850, 1004

The next step was to insert a CHCP (change codepage) command
into the autoexec.bat file called by the NB session. Like so:
chcp 1004

Having done this, I can now run NB with codepage 1004 loaded and
get the smart quotes that are assigned to the keys in
"xywrite.kbd". In the meantime, the rest of OS/2 continues to
use codepage 850.

Cheers,
John Gordon