Re: Outlook Alternative

** Reply to message from Thomas J Hawley  on Wed, 15
Aug 2001 17:09:45 EST

> I'm using a Java desktop application called JStreet Mailer. It's really
> well done, although there are a few quirks and unfortunately the program
> is no longer being developed.

JStreet is now called Polarbar. It is being very actively developed,
pro bono, by a team of Java programmers. The program is much improved
since it was abandoned by Innoval several years ago. You should
definitely upgrade -- almost all the (many) Innoval bugs are squashed,
and there are important new features. I was a charter user of
JStreet, but only under the present team has it reached a level of
sophistication and reliability sufficient to induce me to give up Post
Road Mailer. A great thing about Polarbar is that it runs under any
OpSys -- I use it in four completely different environments. Requires
Java 1.1.8 or higher. http://www.polarbar.org/

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx