Re: Clip and OOM and WInword

Reply to note from "Patricia M. Godfrey"  Fri,
27 Jan 2006 18:43:37 -0500

I have mixed feelings about this exercise, Patricia. On the one
hand, I appreciate that trial and error, and reinventing the wheel,
are part and parcel of mastering XPL or any other language. Kudos
to you for experimenting. On the other, since this particular wheel
already exists in U2, why not just go with it? The usage couldn't
be simpler -- no setup required, no need to create and separately
run an external BATch file, just a simple SA/RTF and that's
that. I'm eager to know whether the latest revision works -- or
doesn't -- under the various flavors of Windows. I can't improve
it, if it needs improving, without feedback from users. Soooo...
when time permits, please do visit XyWWWeb and swap in the latest U2
refresh, and let me know.

By the way, in your code, why are you tinkering with default EP?
It's not necessary with ERNV (ERase No Verify). But if it were
necessary, a well-behaved routine should save the user's default
value at the beginning and restore it on EXit:

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx