Re: XY on a Mac

I have (but never use) Xy on a 3-year old Mac iBook (I think that's what it
was called), under Virtual PC (VPC). This was just before or just after
Microsoft took over the company that had designed VPC. In that situation,
VPC worked amazingly well--under it, you think you are running a Win
machine, including how it talks to peripherals. It wasn't self-evident how
to set things up (at least not for me, given my Mac ignorance), but once
set-up it worked flawlessly.

On this 866 MHz machine, Xy ran a bit slow--i.e., the XPL code was sluggish
(general word processing remained instantaneous).

In the end, however, I never made the switch to Apple products, so had no
need to work further with Xy on Mac.

I think I am going to shlumph the whole directory onto the c:\ drive on the emulated XP machine. I have my disc here somewhere. I will whomp on it at lunch if I can get a break from deadline desk work this morning. Peter Irene Silverman wrote:
Oh boy. I hope this thread continues to unravel. I hope Peter explains step by step just how he plans to load Xy III on a MacBook!!! ----- Original Message ----- *From:* Peter Cassidy mailto:pcassidy@xxxxxxxx *To:* xywrite@xxxxxxxx xywrite@xxxxxxxx *Sent:* Wednesday, July 30, 2008 8:00 AM *Subject:* Re: XY on a Mac VMWare Fusion on the MacBook is veddy nice. Had XyWIN on it for a week working wonderfully again then it stopped like my desktop. Got to get around to loading III on the MacBook. XP on Mac in Fusion emulation is extremely stable - actually it has never hung up on me, although the few times I use IE7, the thing just plods along, no fault of the emulation I am sure as I can't get IE7 to do anything but hang on my desktop. Worth it if you can get a rebate. I got both MacBook Pro and Fusion together when they were on special at the same time a couple of months back at the Microcenter. Peter Andy Turnbull wrote: > Has any one got experience with XY on a Mac? > > I hate the Windows operating sys, but I've never found a program to > match XYIII. > > I know there are dos emulators for Mac -- but how well do they work? I > distrust anything that piles program on program. > > andy t >
Harry Binswanger hb@xxxxxxxx