Re: Printing from USB

** Reply to message from Michael Norman  on Sun, 19 Nov
2006 11:36:46 -0500

> Although Patricia and Robert have written at great length, and
> produced routines, to print to a USB printer, here's yet another
> alternative (I use LPT1 so I have not tested this program).
> http://www.dsbglobal.com/dosprinter/.

Yeah, well, at their website, in big letters, they say:

"DOS Printer
Print from DOS to ANY windows device!"

Then, right below that, they say:

"Advice ...
DOS Printer may not work on all systems and with all DOS Software!"

Ho ho. Plus the $19. And there are other solutions like this too -- but
here's the crux of it: will they send formatted XyWrite texts to the printer?
Or only pure text files? How do you get "any" printer to understand XyWrite
output and print it correctly, especially if there's no XyWrite driver for that
printer?

The solutions we've proposed here *respect* and interpret XyWrite's formatting.
That's a pass/fail distinction.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx