Re: Netscape, XyWrite, and the Media

>Ah, Peter. Just love to scold, dontcha?

"I love you too, Walter" (a line vaguely remembered from *Double
Indemnity*, great movie) -- if either one of us didn't exist, the other
would have to invent him.

>"Given the great usefulness of Google, why
>would anybody need to visit my website?"

That's a no-brainer: while Google has a dazzling white background, I
provide the luxury of an acquamarine background [smiley].

Oh, if anyone's interested, on this or that beige box I'm using MSIE4,
MSIE5, Netscape 3, Netscape 4, Mozilla Seamonkey MS13, Amaya, and 1X. Each
has its irritations, but the only one I dislike is Amaya -- though I'd very
much like to like it (if that makes sense).

OK, now the Genuinely Useful Bit: as well as providing Amaya, W3C also
provides (at http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett/tidy/ ) an excellent online
service cum downloadable program called Tidy. This goes beyond validating
(syntax-checking) your HTML; it does a first-rate job of correcting it.
The program is fairly compact, and free. Well, it's postcardware, and I
gratefully sent Dave Raggett a pretty postcard of the inscrutable Orient.
Peter Evans