Re: Clipboard

Thank you, Kari, John and Carl. The LPT4 solution works perfectly in both Windows 7 and the regrettable Windows 10--and, I presume, long into the virtualized future.

Jon Pareles

 From: "Carl Distefano"
 Subject: Re: Clipboard
 Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2015 11:50:26 -0500

 Reply to note from "John Paines"
 (Redacted sender "vf200" for DMARC) Sat, 21 Nov 2015
 16:11:36 +0000
 (UTC)
 > -- to copy from xy to the clipboard, highlight the text
 in xy
 > and execute the command
 >
 > sad lpt4
 >
 > -- to copy an entire xy document from disk to the
 clipboard,
 > execute the command
 >
 > copy [filename] lpt4

 Since Jon is a Xy4 user, the /NV switch should be appended
 to both of
 those commands to avoid the confirmation prompt:

 sad/nv lpt4
 copy/nv [filename] lpt4

 Also, to copy the (entire) file in the current window to
 the
 clipboard:

 sa/nv lpt4

 Any of these commands can, of course, be assigned to keys,
 e.g.

 ; Copy DeFine to clipboard
 nn=BXs,a,d,/,n,v, ,l,p,t,4,Q2

 For pasting into Xy, WinKey+Ctrl+C works, but is slow
 (writes
 characters one at a time) and chokes on clips larger than
 about 9KB.

 However, with slight modification, Robert's U2 frame CLIPW
 (attached)
 can be used for pasting (and, as I recall, Jon is a U2er
 too). CAll
 the attached file in XyWrite, DeFine the entire thing and
 issue
 ADD2U2. The KBD assignment is

 nn=NOJM2,.,c,l,i,p,w,c,Q2

 --