Xywin and XP

Herewith some comments on my favorable experience installing XyWin in Windows
XP. Having just gotten a new Sony with XP, after five years with 98SE, I was
apprehensive. But installation proved to be a breeze. The key, I believe,
is a file labeled xwt that a Technology Group tech guided me, by phone, into
creating many years ago -- that and Sony's happily retrograde decision to
include a floppy drive along with two cd drives.
  Installation: Put in the first of the four Xywin floppies. Put any CD in
CD drive; an empty drive makes Xywrite so nervous it stalls. In xwt click on
Install. After anwering the usual on-screen questions, you find the
installation complete -- using only the first of the four floppies!
   Preliminary inspection tells me that everything's there, though I
haven't yet connected my printer to check that function. There are small glitches:
"Login not recognized," "Please log on," both cleard by OKing. If the manual
doesn't solve those, I'll call for help.
  If any of you need the xwt file, I'll be happy to send a copy -- I have
three or four zip disks no longer needed, or I can send you a cd once I learn
how to copy onto it (I know:simple, but it's new to me).
  Unrelated note: If any of you subscribe to The American Scholar, perhaps
you were as taken aback as I was at the firing of Anne Fadiman and three other
editors. My own dissent registers in a short letter in the Scholar's current
issue. As my limited understanding of computers indicates, I am not a member
of Phi Beta Kappa, the journal's publisher.
    Bob White