Re: Date variables in Xy III -- DATE.PM Attached

** Reply to message from marc@xxxxxxxx on Wed, 22 Oct 2003 10:49:45
+1300 (NZDT)

> how do I convert your code at the bottom of
> this posting back into an XPL 3+ program?

Use the DECODE program in XyWWWeb.U2, which operates under Xy4+ only. We post
programs in this "XPLCode" format is that it is both decodable into executable
XPL _and_ readily decipherable or readable by anyone conversant with XPL.
Thus, if you had no other recourse, you could paste the thing into XyWrite and
reconstruct it pretty easily, using search-and-replace commands -- although
admittedly it would be long and tedious in this instance. Do you run Xy3 or
Xy4?

Tell you what: I'll attach it to this message as program DATE.PM (in DATE.ZIP).
I'll RENUMBER it, and also put in a little preface that distinguishes between
Xy3 and Xy4, by popping a 3-byte guillemet onto the CMline, and then
determining whether its size is 1 byte [=Xy3] or 3 bytes [=Xy4]. That device
will allow me to issue the proper CA CON (Xy3-style) or NE [UNTITLED] (Xy4)
command. Result: you can run this in either Xy3 or Xy4. The routine is
ridiculously longwinded overall; compare the Xy4-only frame WEEKDAY in U2
(fundamentally the same math, but much more economically expressed).

And you are... I'll hazard MBO -- right? Good guess? Why the low profile?

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx