Re: XyWrite and voice recognition

On Wed, 6 Jan 1999, James D. Besser wrote:

> [...]

You might post your question to the Notabene list
(NOTABENE@xxxxxxxx). Several members there have worked a lot
with Dragon Dictate versions (and others) to cope with various physical
afflictions (severe RSI and worse), and have reported quite good
success. It's a topic that comes up from time to time, and seems not to
raise the levels of dissatisfaction felt here--perhaps the happier users
had no choice and put in enough training time to get results they were
content with.

It seems somewhat like training OCR software to recognize scanned
imperfect print copy, or handwriting recognition software to handle
anything but perfect block letters: the technology continues to improve,
and early adoptors have to have high motivation to endure.

	Dorothy

*****
Dorothy Day
Indiana University
day@xxxxxxxx
*****
	"He also surfs who only sits and waits."