Re: Macrons in Xywrite

Thanks to Norman Havens for his instructions on how to create macrons on
HP printers. It took me about 30 minutes of fooling around to
get the results I want. It works quite well.

I found the 7J (DeskTop) symbol set has a macron character (ACS
250) that I can backspace and print over the "o" and "u" without
having to change vertical position. With the "O" and "U,"
adjusting the vertical position by 11 dots seems to do the trick.

I've also settled on using the umlaut to represent the macron on
the screen for both caps and small letters since this allows me
to use the same floating accent command (S3) that I've assigned
to a key to create the "macron" characters.

Great! Another problem solved.

One thing I found interesting is that XYDOS tries represent the
overstrike in graphic view but doesn't do it correctly. It looks
a mess. Even so, when printed, every thing comes out right.

Dan Kanagy     Work: wordwise@xxxxxxxx    Play:
dkanagy@xxxxxxxx
Tokyo, Japan
dkanagy@xxxxxxxx