Re: Xy Manuals Online (Was undocumented define functions)

On Wed, 19 Feb 1997 01:31:50 +0900, Peter Evans wrote:

>Is there some actual or virtual museum somewhere for that ninety-plus
>percent of word processors that have been killed off by their
>copyright-holders? (*WordStar*, *Manuscript*. . . .) For all that
>intellectual effort just to have been flushed away is saddening.
>
>Or maybe a book? Once I hopefully looked at a book entitled *Electric
>Language: A Philosophical Study of Word Processing*--awfully soporific
>stuff, I thought. There's more to the subject.

A couple of months ago I submitted a little essay to Suck which took
off from the apparent death of DOS word processors and went on to
deal with software bloat. Unfortunately my submission coincided with
an influx of MS moolah and they declined it, with regrets. If
anyone's interested, I've put it up on my Web page (I haven't added a
link from the main page, so you'll have to fill in the complete
address):

	http://www.quicklink.com/~rtenn/DOSNDONT.HTM

Perhaps some here will find it diverting, amusing even.

RT