RE: coming back to xywrite

** Reply to note from xywrite@xxxxxxxx Fri, 16 Apr 1999 15:58:04 -0500

> 1) Use Word97 to save your old files as "RTF" (Rich Text Format). Then
> use XyWrite filters to import them (File->Import in the XyWrite menus,
> import as "Microsoft Rich Text") and save them in Xywrite format.

I'd do it differently. The newest MSWord filters give you a richer, more fully
formatted conversion than the RTF filters.

Check the following Web page:

http:\idt.net\~holmgren\FILTERS.HTM

and search for "Other sample conversion commands". The MSWord v6|v7|v8 to Xy4DOS
or XyWin procedure is the first of three described in this section of the page.
Review the other info on the page too; you need the latest EXE filters for both
XyWrite and MSWord (all dated 1996). I just tested this thoroughly (and compared
to RTF, and altered the content of the web page a bit to reflect my results); and
it works. 100%.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx