Re: U2 stealth update

Hi Carl,

Thanks for the improvements to U2. I guess it is now even more user-friendly than before.

Wengier

On Sunday, July 10, 2016 7:58 PM, Carl Distefano wrote:

I've uploaded a "stealth" update to U2 v123. The only changes are to
XYWWWEB.U2. VDLchk is revised so that vDos-lfn-checkinstall.exe can be
updated, too, along with the other files (using Wengier's technique of
running a copy of vDos-lfn-checkinstall.exe from the Windows temp
directory). Also, instead of making permanent backups of vDos-lfn.exe
and readme.txt every time, the backups of these files are now
temporary, and are only used to restore vDos-lfn.exe and readme.txt if
something goes wrong during the update. I've also added more robust
error-checking to VDLupd.

If you have not yet updated to U2 v123, use the regular download link
to do so:
http://users.datarealm.com/xywwweb/XYWEB123.ZIP

If you have already updated to v123, you can use the following link to
update only XYWWWEB.U2:
http://users.datarealm.com/xywwweb/U2VER123.ZIP

--
Carl Distefano