Re: {Filename?} RE: Turning off read-only in XP

Michael Edwards wrote:
≪Is this acceptable behaviour for my Internet provider?≫
I think not, but it is all too common nowadays. Talk about Net Nanny. Our librarian was telling me last night that the county library system (of which our library's computers are part; a VPN, I assume) would not permit her to receive a quote from a supplier from whom she was hoping to purchase goods or services for our library, because it was in some "dangerous" format.
Were I you, I'd tell that ISP that you absolutely must have a way of
designating "trusted sources" from which you can recive attachments, no
matter the type; or you will find yourself another ISP, forthwith and
instanter.

Patricia M. Godfrey