various

All:
 BI=1 doesn't prevent III+ from choking on relative mode
commands

Carl:  I had the same problem with latest version of smartset -
application error ML Solla d012362c@xxxxxxxx
when you try to invoke a frame by typing name on the command line
and then hitting the holmgren key. I didn't try to find out why -
just thought I'd report the fact. Something else you might find
of interest. I've noticed you sometimes use the technique of
saving the contents of a certain sgt to disk:

 BC sa 25429,junk

It won't work in a type-k program frame (because the % is doing
something else right?) - but a 3-byte % will do the trick. The
inverse is using the LDPM command to copy the contents of a file
from the disk to a sgt and then parsing out whatever you need -
and using the resulting sgts to fill in the fields of a k-frame
screen. I've found that using the LDPM command to access the
contents of a file on disk is faster and more bullet proof than
bringing the file to the screen. Can't imagine another soul who
might find use for such rantings.

 Some questions for those of you using 4.017:

 have they worked out the problem of preserving the decimal
accuracy when adding a column of numbers. eg, 1.00 + 2.00 =
3.00 when added in III (using SM SM DT), but = 3. in IV.

One of the later versions of IV permits an "f" frame in a U2
file, but the user has to move or tab to the selection, can't
just invoke the action by hitting key that corresponds to the
bolded letter of the menu. - Has this been resolved?

Is it now possible to change the initial value of the offset? In
III+ you can use one OF command in a header, and another in the
body of the text - not possible in IV.

J. Solla (from the old neighborhood)