Re: XyWrite not working any more! System file problem?

She recently tried to use
the application, only to receive the following error
message:
"The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications."
Funny you should mention this. I solved this problem for a friend just yesterday in regard to a non-Xy-related DOS batch file used for backup.
In my case, the problem was in the desktop shortcut (there was a reference in the error message to a .pif file).
After 2 hours of fruitless efforts, I tried re-making the desktop shortcut. Problem solved. If your friend  can run Xy from a DOS window, launching it from the command line, you probably have the same situation and the same solution will work.
If you need info on how to replace the desktop icon with a new one, just ask.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx