Re: vDos-lfn for XyWrite 1.53 installer available for download

Thanks, Carl. Yes, I have the latest U2. I think for this update, I'll go
the full install route.
Reply to note from Harry Binswanger  Tue, 02 Aug 2016
21:07:48 -0400

Harry,

> Should one go through the whole setup process each time, or is it
> sufficient to copy over the new .exe and anything Carl has
> changed?

If you're currently running vDos-lfn + the latest U2 (as I believe you
are, Harry), all you need do is command VDLUPDate in XyWrite.
This will install the most recent build of vDos-lfn (vDos-lfn.exe and
readme.txt only, though the entire ZIP archive will be present in your
vDos-lfn directory) and restart XyWrite -- all in about 15 seconds. On
the other hand, using the latest release of the installer, while a
little more elaborate, will give you the full complement of the latest
documentation (readme.txt and manual.txt) as well as any new included
files and add-ons (e.g., in this release, VDL). Like just about
everything Xy-related, it's a matter of personal choice.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx