Re: XPL

In a message dated 2/22/00 05:57:45 PM Eastern Standard Time,
essence@xxxxxxxx (Morris Krok) writes:

> I also purchased from Tim Baer the XPL programs he wrote, and I presume are
> still available.

Well, sort of. The XYIII+ programs I wrote include a file shell
(point-and-copy, open, delete, etc.); a multi-file search (which captures
text into a stand-alone file), with multi-file replace; a print shell, and
bunches of other stuff. The Technology Group technically owns them (I
"donated" them, many of which were written before I had a formal relationship
with Xyquest/TTG). If there's a burning interest, I could do something about
getting them distributed. They work nicely but they're clunky (I was an even
ranker amateur than when I worked on Xy4) and poorly commented (tho the
separate documentation was pretty good).

If anybody at TTG still reads these postings, perhaps someone would care to
comment about the existence of the Xy3 Power Tools and their availability.

Tim Baehr