Re: James Eibisch's xpl files

Subject: xy1.htm

	-for those with only mail access to the net and this
	list, here is what the first page (the XYwrite page)
	of eibisch's web site in text form.
					say@xxxxxxxx
X y W r i t e
N e t a d e l i c a

  This page will probably be of interest only to users of the XyWrite
  word processor. This is a commercial, not freeware or shareware
  program, so please don't ask me where you can download it from!

  This is a collection of my XyWrite XPL programs. Feel free to download
  them, but please note:

  DISCLAIMER. The programs are written for XyWrite III+ (3.55). I can
  not guarantee they will work on your system, even though they all work
  on my machine running XyWrite 3.55 (over MS-DOS 6.2). I cannot be held
  responsible for any damage or spurious results caused by running these
  programs, whether caused by programming error, misoperation, or any
  other reason. They are provided 'as is'.

  I'd rather not have to say all that, but you never know what can
  happen.

  Now, on to the interesting stuff. The XPL programs are presented below
  as they are currently mapped onto my ALT keys. I was going to have
  each letter point to the program plus description for downloading, but
  it turned out to be too much work. Instead, you can download all the
  programs and their descriptions in one go. (26KB PKZIP 2.04g file).
  This file contains all the programs, each with a description, plus
  !BUILD.PM (and !BUILD.TXT) which puts all the programs onto
  pre-defined ALT keys.

  Most of these programs are trivial one-liners (like save, quit, etc.)
  that you will have already. They're only here for completeness. Some
  of the more advanced (if you can call them that - they're not!)
  programs use Save/Get 7 (@7 or ALT 7) as a temporary store. For this
  reason I never assign anything to ALT 7. This is just a quirk of the
  way I have done things.

  Here are the programs and which keys they map on to on my machine.

1 search          2 extract cmd string       3 Atex space tog
gle
4 -            5 indent MoonRock code      6 put dir on cmd
 line
7 -            8 dir              9 html colour on
0 html colour off     a abort             b bold
c call           d -               e dir drive:
f -            g -               h Atex code conv
erter
i reverse date order dir  j embedded codes off       k embedded codes
 on
l house style checker #2  m house style checker #1     n normal
o call XPL program     p -               q quit
r read           s save              t -
u underline        v spell             w occurence coun
ter
x dos           y transpose characters      z append dir to
cmd line