Nota Bene

Uh...I know this isn't a list for Nota Bene, but since I'm contemplating
a switch from Xy/Dos to NB, I can't think of anybody more qualified to
answer some questions than you folks....

I'm thinking of changing because like many users, I'm tired of unfixed
bugs, and because I am hopeful thje text indexing/search module of NB can
solve some problems for me.

Questions:

* Will the text indexing module (Orbis???) work properly with XyWrite/Dos
files? I have thousands, I don't want to convert them all.

* I understand the keyboard isn't as configurable. How configurable IS it?

* What speller do they use? After playing with all the major Windows WPs,
I find the XyWrite/Dos Microlytics is still the best speller around. What does
NB use, and how does it stack up?

* Is anybody using NB under OS/2 and Win95? I'd be using it under both.

* Do XPL programs work under NB, given its Xy engine?

Thanks. If replying directly, use my new e-mail:
jbesser@xxxxxxxx

           James D. Besser, Washington Correspondent
   Fax: 703.978.3675 * E-mail: jbesser@xxxxxxxx , jdbesser@xxxxxxxx
          PO Box 1292, Springfield, VA 22151