Re: XyWrite versions

Judy Stein wrote:

> Let's not forget Herb Tyson, author of "XyWrite Revealed" and
> hundreds of programs and macros for XyWrite. (Don't know how
> *early* he got into it, though; the book was published in 1990,
> but he'd been working with XyWrite for some years previously.)

Amen to that. As the TAB Books (later McGraw-Hill) acquiring editor
on _XyWrite Revealed_, I had the good fortune of working with Herb,
and also mercilessly picking his brain for XPL tips. Seven years later
his book is still one of my most-used computer references. His major
XPL adventures at the time were EasyXy and PowerXy (also still in use).

Several years earlier (1987 or thereabouts) Herb was one of the con-
tributors to David Rothman's book, _XyWrite Made Easier_; at the time
I got the impression he already was well known as a XyWrite expert, but
I don't know for sure how far back he does go.

Regards,
Stephen Moore