Re: Define

** Reply to message from Michael Norman  on Sun, 18 Jan
2004 12:34:37 -0500

> These are normal key assignments for the cursor keys in the NB keyboard file.

> 100=CU
> 101=&X,Q,L
> 102=CD
> 103=QR

> I know CU and CD, but can anyone define the others? Thanks.

Take a look at the [Startup] stanza of NB.INI, which is buried in subdir
.\USERS\DEFAULT beneath NB's "root" dir (Editor's dir). That's NB's equivalent
of STARTUP.INT, and the place to start controlling NB. You can see that
they've LDPM-ed file "nbmain-x.aux" (back in Editor's dir) onto a LDPM-style
Save/Get, &X -- a huge amount of Save/Get baggage to permanently lug around in
memory (little wonder that OOM [OutOfMemory] looms so swiftly -- incredibly
stupid system, IMO). Anyway, when you poke around in NBMAIN-X.AUX, you can see
how they've set it up. (&X,Q,L issues func QL, which is an alternative NB func
for Cursor Left -- they're doing a little dance there that doesn't make any
sense, using func PC PreviousCharacter when func QL doesn't work, god knows
why)

You know, you don't have to use their keyboard. You can just chuck it. I have
this line up at the beginning of the stanza:
 load g:\xy4\my.kbd=
That, obviously, is my Xy4 KBD file. And it works, too!

Then I have this down near the bottom (after numerous adjustments to the
stanza):
 run &root&nbstart.pm=
NBSTART.PM is an adaptation of my STARTUP.INT, and that's where I conduct my
real business (LOAD U2, etc). STARTUP.INT is a PrograM, and a program is a
program is a program...

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx