taunting smileys

Annie wondered about the taunting ascii-one's.

The ascii character is a kind of multiplier for numerical data. I believe
that a smiley+123 means either 1230 or 12.3 or something like that. It has
to do with XyW engine's internal representation of numbers (it's basically
lousy at math and makes rounding errors the make the ill-fated Pentium look
like perfection itself). The {SXnn,{ISnn}} workaround worked for me in many
situations, but you might also want to try {SXnn,{PVnn}}. Dunno if it'll
work...

I haven't done XPL in a while -- I'm trying to learn Perl -- so my knowledge
base is getting a little rusty.

Tim Baehr
TBaehr@xxxxxxxx