Faxing from Xy/Dos -Reply

James ....

I had the exact problem last week! I was trying to use Fax Works
to send out resumes on behalf of my partner, who has been
recently "downsized". It seems a two page resume faxed from
XyWin caused 135 pages to be sent out!

Here's the concept.... Fax Works Lite, which comes bundled
with OS/2, ONLY supports IBM ProPrinter emulation, NOT
laserjet. What you need to do is the following:

a) From within Windoze, use the "Printers" applet to install a new
printer. Select "IBM Pro Printer X24", and feed in the OS/2 disk
as prompted (If you installed from CD-rom, look for disks in the
\os2image subdirectory.

b) When you get the printer driver installed, point it to print to
LPT3.OS2 (if thats what you have Fax Works Lite set up for, if
not, choose another printer port.

c) When you need to fax something, click File, then Printer
Setup, then select IBM Pro Printer on [port number].

Works like a charm!