Re: Programming: best ci strategy

Reply to note from Harry Binswanger  Thu, 27 Oct
2011 22:40:30 -0400

> Do you find, generally, that SEarch plus manipulations is as
> fast as CI?

No, of course not, and you always opt for CI when possible, but it's
plenty fast enough.

> Recently, I've had much anguish trying to use CI with [W]. One
> problem is that [W] is too short, the other is that [W] is too
> long

Don't forget the numeric wildcards: for example, [3][5][X] matches
up to 35 characters. You can specify anywhere from 2 to 999 chars
that way. Works with wildcards other than [X], too, as well as with
specific characters. (e.g., [2][6][L] means any string of 1 to 26
letters).

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx