Re: Clipboard

Reply to note from "John Paines"
(Redacted sender "vf200" for DMARC) Sat, 21 Nov 2015 16:11:36 +0000
(UTC)

> -- to copy from xy to the clipboard, highlight the text in xy
> and execute the command
>
> sad lpt4
>
> -- to copy an entire xy document from disk to the clipboard,
> execute the command
>
> copy [filename] lpt4

Since Jon is a Xy4 user, the /NV switch should be appended to both of
those commands to avoid the confirmation prompt:

sad/nv lpt4
copy/nv [filename] lpt4

Also, to copy the (entire) file in the current window to the
clipboard:

sa/nv lpt4

Any of these commands can, of course, be assigned to keys, e.g.

; Copy DeFine to clipboard
nn=BXs,a,d,/,n,v, ,l,p,t,4,Q2

For pasting into Xy, WinKey+Ctrl+C works, but is slow (writes
characters one at a time) and chokes on clips larger than about 9KB.
However, with slight modification, Robert's U2 frame CLIPW (attached)
can be used for pasting (and, as I recall, Jon is a U2er too). CAll
the attached file in XyWrite, DeFine the entire thing and issue
ADD2U2. The KBD assignment is

nn=NOJM2,.,c,l,i,p,w,c,Q2

--
Carl Distefano