Re: less maladjusted

Yes, I am interested. Do you have a screenshot, for
starters?

Can't help it, but when I see these OT threads about the horrors of malware -- as well as the demise of DOS support in the MS kingdom -- I have to pipe up about Linux. The latest version of Ubuntu, Precise Pangolin, is at the same time 1) very easy to use out of the box and 2) potentially extraordinarily powerful and with the right tools, not at all difficult to configure. I just posted a little entry about it on my blog (they've got it up on ubuntu-news.net!) and it contains a glancing reference to XyWrite

http://ray-field.com/content/blog/2012/05/18/ubuntus-unity-is-a-terminal-case; eudora="autourl">http://ray-field.com/content/blog/2012/05/18/ubuntus-unity-is-a-terminal-case

& as bears repeating, malware/virus is a non-issue and dosemu support shows not the least sign of eroding. Is it for everyone? Well, actually, it is. One of these days I'm going to put together a page about running XyWrite under Linux -- but for the time being, Edward Mendelson's WordPerfect for DOS under Linux will get you started.

Paul Lagasse, how do you like Unity?

-rafe