RE: Problems with Windows XP

Though I suspect I totally disagree with the political views that he's
(usually) careful to conceal, I must partly agree with Harry
Binswanger's approach to discussion of the political, and
quasi-political, on this list. Let's at least try to be concise about it.
(Read: Let's start by avoiding mindless regurgitation.)

At the same time, I was very interested in and grateful for Norman
Bauman's fact-filled, cool-headed account of his own investigations.

I'm not sure that breaking up MS would be a good idea. My gut feeling is
that a megacorporation is more likely to trip over itself and crash,
which is what I'd dearly like MS to do. In the meantime, I'm running a
copy of Win2K on this machine and have no intention of "upgrading".
(EULA matters aside, I've already experienced the awfulness of Me at
first hand.) Three metres to my left is my other laptop, from which I
removed Win98 yesterday and on which I am installing Linux right now.

Peter Evans peter@xxxxxxxx