Re: Insert/Overstrike Indication

Brian.Henderson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I'm using Xy3 and not too long ago my cursor stopped changing shape to
> indicate that I'd switched to overstrike mode...I'd really like to get that
> function back. Anybody know how? I haven't been able to find any
> documentation on it.

This is probably unrelated to the issue you are experiencing, but I have noted
certain hardware / OS interactions that can interfere with the ability to
switch between INS and OVR modes. Some models of the Northgate keyboard (I've
had about 3 of them), together with certain versions of WIN, seem to preclude
switching between INS and OVR in certain app.s, such as Netscape and Word.
Toggling with the mouse was unavailable. (I don't recall if a DOS app. like Xy
was affected.) I mostly saw this on systems other than my own, since I never
used W95/8 at home. Before they disappeared, Northgate had a utility that was
said to deal with this problem, but I never tested it myself.

Jordan