Re: A very basic printing question re XY3

Harry, I can't believe you of all people are quoting Wikipedia. The article does seem very good indeed, but with this model of encyclopaedia publishing, where nobody has responsibility (i.e. being fire-able) for the content, how can we have any confidence in its veracity?

I know. I was appalled at the Wiki idea at first. But gradually I've come to see that, what do you know, it works. Go figure. Of course, its content is not infallible, not *that* reliable either. But good enough for some things.

How good is anyone's judgment in the end? If a Hugh Trever-Roper can be fooled, well, who can't be fooled?

Re Patricia's bogeyman, may I suggest looking at the moral rather than the technical dimensions? Gates and his wife have boisterously given away billions to worthy charities, along with Buffet. Steve Jobs and his wife have given away all of - - - - - - - NOTHING.

Good for Jobs! I guess he learned from the parable of his namesake that there's no point in buying into the ethics of He Who Toys With Us.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx