Re: XyWhere?

On 08/20/96 at 10:33 AM,
  rtenn@xxxxxxxx (R Tennenbaum) said (in so many words):

> Kudos to development -- even if it develops away from what I need. But to
> speak frankly, I sometimes wonder why certain companies prefer to spend >
time and energy defensively disputing with users rather than listening to >
what they really want and trying to give it to them. The impression that >
your springtime messages about the "new Xywrite" left -- which if I'm not >
mistaken, is getting a new name as well -- was that you felt you had new >
worlds to conquer, and that you were a little tired of old Xywriters.

Well, he hasn't spent much time and energy doing that. Just a little. I
*think* the matter is quite simple. Here I am, an XPL-er, a devotee of
XyDos4 running under OS/2 (which otherwise has all the
tools/shareware/products I need), interested only in wordsmithing. I'm
relatively typical of this list, give or take. And guess what--we're not
the market TTG is interested in.   Except for a few annoying bugs in
XyDos4 when doing long documents (sent in many times--no fix) I'm perfectly
happy with it. Eventually I'll find a OS/2 wordprocessor that suits me or
not. Meanwhile XyDos4 will work for me for the next decade (largely thanks
to Holmgren not TTG). So it hardly matters that what I want they won't give
me--doesn't matter to them, hardly matters to me.  TTG will try to keep the
newspaper/small publisher business with the new version. Most of them are
using Windoze and if TTG can offer them a saner Windoze version than the
current they'll probably stay.  New markets? Got me.

Of course he's tired of us. There are few of us and what we want is
expensive: real support of XyDos and and OS/2 version. What should we do:
bill TTG for the all the tech support we've given our friends and colleagues
in lieu of TTG?

--
                     Regards,
                     David