Re: New subscriber

Dear Members (and Dr. Sivin):
 I suspect I am one of the last new subscribers before Mr
Lothian. I didn't mean to be impolite, but I guess I was - so
here goes:
 My name is Richard Giering, but I go by the nickname Dick.
I am retire now and spend my full time researching my family
surname. I have been limited to research in this country as I
have not been able to get to Germany.
 I am a high school drop-out with a college degree. The
military gave me a scholarship to college. I graduated from
the University of Arizone in 1962 with a degree from the
Systems Engineering Department.
 I finished my military service and retired as a Captain in
1967. I workd as a software design engineer for a number of
commercial companies until 1995 when I retired for good.
 My main claim to fame was being the Design Engineer and
Vice-President of Mead Data Central responsible for version
one of what has become LEXIS/NEXIS. In some circles, I am
credited with being its inventor.
 I have been using Xwrite since the early '80's starting with
Version I. I used version II and III extensively and am now
using version 4win on both win3.1 and win95. My current use
includes, in addition to letters and E-Mail, extensive HTML
usage in building and maintaining my "Giering Family Trees"
web site at:
http://www.geocities.com/~dickgiering
 I am very happy to be a mamer of the XYWrite group and look
forward to being involved with what I guess is the next
generation: SmartWord.
Dick Giering