Home alone

Remember the kid in Home Alone? He wakes up and realizes he can
do anything in the world, yet he's a little bit tenuous?
Well, I'm sort of the same way with computers.
Just reading about your descriptions of Xywrite and x Wordstar is
enough to make me go back to pen and paper.
See, I'd justs rather leave well enough alone. Use Xywrite when
it's needed and use WordStar when another client wants that program.
Nice and neat. No problems. No having to make corrections.
The thing I miss about Xywrite's ability is that it doesn't
backup like WordStar does. I like having the .BAK in case something
happens with the original.
Sometimes when I send a disk to someplace that will be publishing one
of my pieces, the WordStar document comes back damaged--as though
they have not just dumped the story onto their system, but totally
ruined it in the process. I have to rename the .BAK and then I have
a copy on disk of the original story. But to make sure nothing
terrible happens, I just keep printouts of everything.
What you describe spounds like brain surgery to me. But I've
printed out your note just in case I ever need the information.
Sop thanks!!! Forgive the typos. I've just come from a great
dinner where I finished off some light, light red wine. Enough
to relax me, but not enough to let my fingers go leaden.