Re: write error

Reply to note from Peter Goldberger  Fri,
12 Aug 2016 21:33:55 -0400

Peter,

> What are the likeliest causes of a "write error" message popping
> up suddenly when trying to print from Xy4 to an attached (LPT) HP
> 4050 laserjet? No changes were made to any configuration that has
> worked fine for the last 20 years!

Some information about the environment would help. What OS? VDM under
32-bit Windows? vDos-lfn or vDosXy? Other?

That said, my first instinct would be to check for a loose cable. (Or,
if you have a free-range bunny as I do, for a bitten-through cable.)

Next, I'd conjecture that something in your configuration did, in fact,
change. I can't tell you how many times I've sworn to the contrary on a
stack of bibles, only to have to eat crow. Just speculating, of course.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx