Re: U2-two minor bugs...

Reply to note from Bob Zimmerman  Mon, 20 Feb
2006 14:48:40 -0500

Bob:

> 1. If I open XY4 while the caps-lock key is on, the program
> locks. ... (I should explain that I probably am contributing to
> this problem by how I have reconfigured my XY4.kbd file. In
> order to make my keyboard conform to the TRS-80 Model III
> keyboard I cut my teeth on many years ago, I have moved the
> caps-lock key to a different place on the keyboard so I can use
> that key for my down-arrow key.

Rename your CapsLock key in the KBD file: call it anything other
than CAPS. While you're at it, rename all of your shifting keys to
nonstandard names, e.g., KAPS, SHFT, XALT and CNTL. Remember to
make these changes consistently, both in the KEYS stanza near the
top of the KBD file and in each TABLE= statement. This is an old
trick that helps to avoid keyboard-control conflicts between Xy and
the OS. Even if it doesn't solve your problem, it's good Xygiene,
and worth doing.

> With TM I open XY through a batch file that starts with a TM
> command that sets the screen 29 lines long, then opens
> editor.exe. To make XY fit this longer screen I have changed DF
> SL=29 to DF SL=33 in settings.dfl.

Why 33? If the utility sets a screen length of 29, then DeFault SL
should be set to 29 as well. No?

These aren't "U2 bugs", by the way -- there's nothing U2-related
here -- or bugs of any kind, for that matter. Just the usual sort
of wrinkles (or user errors) that have to be ironed out when
customizing.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx