Re: Another question

How about things like being able to continue writing while at the same time
being on line downloading a file? Or simply being able to use a good file
manager to go look for a file you can't remember the name of -- so you have to
actually call a number of pieces up on screen to see if it is the right one or
not, compare that with what you're working one, cut and paste into the work,
etc? Without multitasking that takes forever and is very cumbersome. How about
being able to access your CD-ROM databases -- you have to shell to dos, boot up
the CD_ROM app (which takes forever) then close that, try to remember what it
said, and open XY again --- damn, I just forgot exactly what that was, guess
I'll have to open the CD-ROM again, and write it all down on paper this time.
How about being able to have XY going in one window, your link to your laptop
going in another window (or to a terminal package linking you to your network,
or to the internet while you read a database on line) and your scanner and ocr
software in another window and ventura publisher in another window -- all
working on the same project, while you are printing in the background. Oh, and
I forgot, also your voicemail system working too in the background so you don't
have to answer the phone and disrupt your thought process talking to some idiot
salesman, with caller ID also on the screen so you can actually answer it if it
is someone you want to talk to.
  Don't need multitasking? I remember very well what is was like running dos
and XY like Nathan does it -- a royal pain in the kiester. Shut down this app,
start up this other one, shut it down, start up another one, shut down -- yuk.
And the totally ridiculous game of trying to get stuff from one app to another
-- double yuk. I'd rather use all that wasted time to play Doom!