STEDMAN'S

I just received the Stedman's Medical Dictionary, and I'm having a few problems
with it. First, I got it to load successfully from the network when I logged
in & started XyWrite. Only problem I found was slowness. It's like running [...] used to
running on a 386. Which, by the
way, I have, in case you need this info for trouble shooting - 386 w/4 MG RAM.
When my work buddy loaded Xy from the network, his startup.int squawked "OUT OF
MEMORY" when loading. He has a 386, but with only 2 MG RAM. From the way the
documentation reads, the dictionary should load what it can into RAM, and
scroll the rest to/from disk when needed. What gives, oh Xy chums???? What is
the recommended procedure for dealing with the network version of Stedman's,
when so many users with so many different computer capabilities (XT - 386)
exist? Do we need to have a seperate version of XY loading Stedman's? We
already considered the RENAME DICT.SPL option, but it's too clunky for average
users. While we're discussing procedures, what am I going to have to change
when XY4 comes out? [...] keyboard files, startup, etc??? I need to prepare an installation
schedule for the big people, and I have NO idea where to start. HELPHELPHELP
XYwrite HEP cats. yours truly, Xydemic/dess, Brenda Hahn