Re: Nota Bene and writing emails. ADDED: clipboard utility

Let me repeat myself on writing email in Xywrite (and NB). If you
use Win95, you have Quickview installed (or at least on the Win
CD-ROM), and if you are smart you have bought Quickview Plus.
After writing your message in XY, when you view it in either of
these splendid utilities, you can select it (ctrl-A) and copy it
to the clipboard (ctrl-C). You can then paste it into the body of
any email client that uses the Windows clipboard.

By the way, I have tried out a large number of Win clipboard
utilities, which store up anything deposited in the clipboard and
let you use any item when you want, in any order you want. A
message on this list last week led me to Clipmate (another reason
I am glad we do not construe our topic narrowly). It is miles
ahead of everything I have ever tried in both customizability and
the tricks it will do (e.g., save certain clips to use as
boilerplate, automatically and rapidly insert a sequence of
clips, paste clips at the cursor without leaving the file you are
working on, glue a number of clips into a single item).

You can download a complete nonag version of Clipmate 5.1 and a
PDF manual at
http://www.thornsoft.com
for a free 30-day trial. Registration is $20.

Cheers,
--
Nathan Sivin
History and Sociology of Science