Saving to Floppy Disk under OS/2

I use XyWrite 4.017 for DOS under OS/2 Warp 3 on my office computer. I
also use the same version on my home computer, running straight DOS.
Sometimes I do some work at home and take it in to the office on a floppy
disk.

On my office computer, whenever I call up and edit a file from the floppy
disk, and then try to store the edited file on the floppy disk, I get the
error message "Unknown Unit". The only way I can store the edited file on
the floppy disk is by first deleting the original file. With the original
file gone, I can save the edited file to the floppy disk.

So what's going on? Why is this happening?

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                     617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                   lawyer@xxxxxxxx
 Boston, MA 02108-2503            http://world.std.com/~lawyer/