Re: Automatic Saves when typing

Reply to note from Harry Binswanger  Mon, 03 Jan
2005 19:15:16 -0500

> Here's a wild idea to get more frequent saves for the really,
> really worried (Patricia?)

You might check out the Jumbo U2's "Ersatz Autosave" routine
(command HELP AUTOSAVE for details). Actually, it makes
use of the DiaLoG file (.DLG) file rather than U2, for reasons
explained in the Help screen. It's slicker than assigning a brute-
force SAve command to a key, because it only SAves if a minimum time
interval (user-adjustable via XYWWWEB.REG) has passed since the last
SAve. I've been using it for 5+ years, and I can't tell you how
many times it's come to the rescue.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx