Re: XyWrite and OS/2

Carl Distefano asked whether we are giving any weight to the
"nature" of the users of OS/2 versus Windows in the sense that
OS/2 users might be more apt to be "tinkerers" and therefore the
customization capabilities would be of greater interest to them,
hence a greater market share.

Yes. We do take that into account. And if all we ever intend to
do is produce a conventional (not that XyWrite is conventional)
word processor, we might be more inclined to make the really
substantial investment in developing an OS/2 version. But we
hope to broaden XyWrite's appeal in a number of ways, and if we
are successful we would want the largest potential market
possible for that product.

Don't get me wrong-- I don't doubt for a minute that we could do
well in OS/2.
 The problem is the substantial effort it would take to get there
and the fact that (a) we are not prepared to put all of our eggs
in that basket for obvious reasons and (b) we simply can't do
both at the same time. When we are finished the things we are
working on, if they are as successful as we hope they will be,
perhaps an OS/2 version will be justified.

K.