Re: Nota Bene version 5.003

Thanks, Anne, it worked perfectly! All1,000+ records converted just
fine.

Now.... what AM I going to do with the two dozen cases of bananas I
purchased to feed the monkeys who were to type randomly on my computer
to replicate the database?

Steve Crutchfield

P.S. - I'm eagerly awaiting the retail copy of NB that I ordered last
week.

>>>  10/29 6:16 PM >>>

Thanks, Steve for your warm welcome!

database, I
checked with one of our programmers and it looks like we can come up
with
something better than the proverbial monkey typists! We have a "do
it
yourself" solution that might work and if it doesn't, just zip up
your *dat
files and send them to technicalsupport@xxxxxxxx and we will see
if we
can convert them for you (we think that this will be fairly easy, but
can't
be sure without seeing your files). Our conversion program was
designed for
use with NB DOS version of Ibid/Ibid Plus, not the XyWrite version.
We think
that it will work with XyWrite/Ibid Plus if you make the following
superficial changes (you might want to make a copy of your files
before
starting).

1. Rename the directory that contains your XyWrite DOS database
files to NB4
2. Create a file (any file) in that directory and name it
"NBEDIT.EXE"
3. Rename all files that begin with XY and end with the extension
...DAT
(XY*.DAT) by substituting NB for XY (NB*.DAT)
4. From within Ibidem, click Tools, Convert to run the conversion
utility.

Thanks for your interest, and please let me know how this works.

Anne
aputnam@xxxxxxxx
or anneputnam@xxxxxxxx
www.notabene.com