Re: upgrade?

> I gather from what I've read on this list (I'm a newbie) that XyWrite 4 for
> DOS is the preferred version. I currently have XyWrite 3+. Is it worth my
> while to upgrade?  If so, should I go with XY 4 or consider XyWrite for
> Windows?

John, I've been using both XY4 and XyWin now for several years, XyWin only
because it lets me print out easily with PostScript fonts, and with XY4 it's
more of a hassle. Otherwise, I'd say XyWin is slower and klunkier. Can't speak
to the differences between XY4 and XY3. Or whether XyWin would facilitate your
access to other Windows apps like the browser. My answer, with OS/2, is to put
the Windows apps I use most often on the Desktop, along with DOS and OS/2 apps.

I run a 486/33, just added a 2+ gig hard drive and another 16 meg of RAM to
give me 32. Cost around $300 with labor and it was done locally. I'm a writer
and editor and still use a 14' NEC MultiSync GS b-and-w monitor. Don't take
time for graphic images and avoid fancy-schmancy interfaces. More memory and
more drive space seem to be all I needed.