Re: Caps Lock position

Reply to note from Bill Troop  Sun, 12 Jan 2014
00:05:51 +0000

> You bring up another matter: are attachments allowed in this
> list?

Yes.

> Is HTML?

It's not prohibited, but be aware that HTML-only messages are not
archived by Freelists.org; the message body is stripped. So please
post plain text. If you must use HTML, set your mail program to
generate a multipart/alternative plain-text version of the message.
That will allow your posts to be archived.

> And I have a general question: to what extent do people read
> email in non-HTML-capable email readers today?

In my case, to a large extent. I download my e-mail to disk and read
it in XyWrite. I compose messages in XyWrite and send them with a
keystroke. This has been my M.O. for two decades. I realize I'm an
odd duck.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx