Re: XY in DosBox (XP)

At 3/23/2004 06:30 PM -0500, Robert Holmgren wrote:
 Start over. RMB ==> Shortcut ==> New... the Cmd: line should be
"d:\path\editor.exe" -- only. Why in the world are you launching a PIF
directly? The icon's properties ARE the PIF! This is a logical incongruity.

Okay, done. Set up as you suggest.
If you still have the problem, try disconnecting your mouse (external, I
presume) and do everything from the keyboard Alt-Tab, Alt-Escape.

It's a built-in mouse -- T41 Thinkpad.
 Play with
Quick Edit Mode in properties -- sometimes people have problems with that.
Give focus to a program by clicking the icon in the SysTray (bottom taskbar),
not by clicking the DOS box. Then move the mouse out of sight. Try Hide Mouse
Pointer again with your new PIF.
I continue to think it is mouse-related.
Tried all the combination with Quick Edit and Insert. Still get the cursor.
Hid the mouse pointer. Same thing. But, for the moment, I can use the
work-around: start XY, quit, restart and the second cursor disappears.
Thanks for the help. I'll continue to poke around and will post any
relevant findings.

Michael Norman