programming question

  The program that I have written is to find out whether a particular
word, especially if it comes up often when typing in text, is to find out
whether it has shortform. However, I take your point by compiling a personal
dictionary of shortforms but done in reverse by entering the the longform
and then its shortform spell check may show all the shortforms in a large
piece of text. It will however, require some experimenting, but perhaps our
gurus can point how this can be done.